Fauquier Community Coalition forms relationships with other churches, individuals, businesses, and nonprofits in the community in a variety of ways. In many cases, when we become aware of a resident in need of our services, we’ll identify churches nearby and reach out to see if they’d like to help. Sometimes a business in the area might donate supplies to support a project as well.
Many churches and businesses become like partners, as we continue working together on projects after that initial connection is made. This also helps us serve the entire county (particularly in regard to the Critical Home Repairs that we do), as we have teams from churches and other organizations all the way from the north end of the county to the south end. We've even had groups of co-workers join us on projects as a team-building exercise!
While many of our initiatives are treated as ministries, and many of our volunteers come from local churches, we welcome anyone with a heart for helping the poor to get involved!
How Can You Help?
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Assistance with marketing, communications, strategic planning, advocacy, and fundraising (administrative skills).
- Splitting, stacking, loading, and delivering firewood for our Firewood Initiative.
- Assisting on our Critical Home Repair Projects by providing general or skilled (construction related) labor.
- There are occasionally other tasks with which you can help as well!
Donations we often need and accept include:
- Firewood for our Firewood Initiative.
- Building materials and supplies for our Critical Home Repair Projects.
Our organization purchases things it needs to serve our community. This includes tools and equipment for our Firewood Initiative and Critical Home Repair Projects. Any support is appreciated!